The Outdoor Lab offers three, week-long camp sessions that provide a number of nature-related activities and experiences to Arlington Public School students. who have completed grades 4 through 8.
A blend of traditional camp activities (hiking, evening campfires, crafts, skits) and nature exploration make this program fun and informative. Staff safely guide campers through various activities that may include aquatic studies, natural history, survival skills, and more. Campers are also provided opportunities to explore the natural world through focused activities of their own choosing and self-directed free-time activities, such as boating and fishing.
Students are transported from Arlington to the Phoebe Hall Knipling Outdoor Lab in Broad Run, Virginia on Monday morning, and returned to Arlington on Friday afternoon of the same week. Campers sleep outside in platform tents and spend most of their day outside (weather permitting). They are provided three meals and snacks every day.
Sessions for 2023
- Session A- Middle School (for students who just completed GR 6, GR 7, GR 8): June 26 to June 30
- Session B- Elementary School (for students who just completed GR 4 or GR 5): July 10 to July 14
- Session C- Elementary School: (for students who just completed GR 4 or GR 5): July 17 to July 21
Parents may apply for their student to attend camp by completing a short Google form found at Outdoor Lab – Arlington Public Schools (apsva.us) (NOW OPEN).
- Registration is CLOSED. Go here for more info
- Applications will be accepted on a first come-first served basis until Friday, March 31 2023 or until a session is full.
- Once a student has been accepted, the family will be emailed an invoice for the tuition.
- Payment is by check or money order.
More information about summer camp can be found here: Outdoor Lab – Arlington Public Schools (apsva.us).
Questions about summer camp should be directed to Outdoor Lab Coordinator Rochelle Proctor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.347.2258