From Arlington to the Outdoor Lab
The Outdoor Lab is approximately 35 miles west of Arlington, just a few miles off I-66, and about a 45 minute drive.
For web maps and GPS devices use following address:
- From Arlington, Take I-66 West about 26 miles to Exit 40 (Haymarket)
- As you exit, follow signs to Route 15 South:
- At the 1st Traffic Light, Turn LEFT onto Route 15 South (James Madison Hwy)
- By the 2nd Traffic Light, be in the Right Lane and continue straight through the light
- Before 3rd Traffic Light, Exit RIGHT onto Route 55 West (John Marshall Hwy)
- Travel about 3.5 miles.
- After the Bridge over Broad Run, Turn LEFT onto Route 600 (Beverly’s Mill Rd)
- (If you pass the Broad Run Post Office, you missed the turn)
- Travel 1.4 miles on Beverly’s Mill Road, Turn RIGHT at the signs “Wood’s Way and OL parking”
- Proceed to parking area past the stone gate
- Park in the gravel area without blocking bus parking
- Welcome to the Outdoor Lab!