RAIN PLANS for OPEN HOUSE
Due to predicted rain and thunderstorms on Saturday April 22nd, we are planning to:
-end the Open House at 1pm (when weather is supposed to get worse.)
For those ticket holders of 10a-1p session, you can come as planned.
For those ticket holders of 1p-4p session, you can come to the MORNING SESSION 10a-1p!
We will plan to do as many activities as the weather allows, but there may be a few showers in the morning.
We will move some programs inside if possible and have a tent over the campfire for S’MORES!
Please bring rain gear and sturdy shoes.
The Outdoor Lab is wonderful on a warm, cloudy day. Students go outside for field trips no matter the weather. (Some animals venture out and fish seem to be hungrier;)
Thank you for understanding.
Mike Maleski, President
Celebrate EARTH DAY at the Outdoor Lab Open House scheduled for Saturday April 22nd 10a-1p OR 1p-4p.
The Outdoor Lab welcomes all Arlington Families to the Open House. Grab your “pod” and explore our 226 acres of mountain trails, meadows, streams and pond. While at the Lab, your family can:
- fish in the pond (cane poles & worms provided!)
- paddle the boats
- hike our trails (over 5 miles, various hiking abilities)
- observe critters in our Nature Center (maybe pet a snake?)
- find a perfect spot for a family picnic! (bring your lunch!)
Get your Tickets!
To help manage visitors, we need families to pre-register through Eventbrite here.
- Please choose EITHER 10a-1p ticket OR 1p-4p ticket (NOT BOTH) This will allow us to allow as many families as we can.
- Each ticket is for one Carload. Please do NOT register for a ticket for each person in your car.
- Tickets are “donate what you can online” or “FREE, I’ll donate later” (The Outdoor Lab is owned by the non-profit Arlington Outdoor Education Association, a 501c3, tax exempt organization)
- We will create a waitlist if needed, if your plans change and you don’t plan to come, please let us know
For the Safety of Visitors:
- all visitors must sign in
- NO Dogs allowed
- please leave only footsteps and take only pictures
While at the lab, talk to AOEA board members about the upcoming capital projects or how you could volunteer. We’re looking for additional board members and have lots of great projects on our plate!
You can find Directions here, look for signs and volunteers on where to park.
Bad weather, check back here for cancellations or updates.
We look forward to seeing you!