Due to COVID-19 the 2020 Outdoor Lab Summer Camp has been cancelled. Check APS website for more info.
The Outdoor Lab offers three, week-long camp sessions that provide a number of nature-related activities and experiences to Arlington Public School students.
Campers sleep outdoors in tents and are provided three meals and snacks every day. Activities include nature hikes, survival skills, night walks, games, skits, arts and crafts, animal exploration, boating, fish, and much more.
Sessions for 2020
- Session A- Elementary School (for students who just completed GR 4 or GR 5): June 22 to June 26
- Session B- Middle School (for students who just completed GR 6, GR 7, GR 8): July 6 to July 10
- Session C- Elementary School: (for students who just completed GR 4 or GR 5): July 20 to July 24
APS students can apply for Outdoor Lab Summer Camp through the APS Summer School Program:
- The APS Summer School Catalog, application forms, fees and deadlines can be found on the APS Summer School Resources page.
- Applications are accepted from March 5 to April 3, 2020.
- There is a separate form for the Elementary and Secondary (Middle School) sessions.
- Applications are NOT accepted on a first come-first served basis. Once the registration window closes, if there are more applicants than available slots, a lottery will be held to determine enrollment.
More information about summer camp, including paperwork and a suggested packing list can be found at www.apsva.us/science/outdoor-lab/
Questions about camp activities or meals should be directed to Joanne Godwin at email@example.com